November 2006 saw the introduction of the “Control of Asbestos Regulations 2006” (CAR 2006).
The legislation applies to all non-domestic premises. This includes all commercial, public and industrial premises. It also applies to common parts of domestic premises, for example stairwells, lift shafts and corridors in blocks of flats.
All types of property owners including management companies, landlords, housing associations and public sector bodies are required under the regulations to:
- Demonstrate that they are aware of the locations, type and extent of any asbestos in their buildings.
- Have produced and implemented an Asbestos management Plan.
- Maintain a Register detailing the probable exposure to asbestos of employees and third-party contractors for a period of 40 years.
Our Asbestos Services provider is licensed by the Health & Safety Executive (HSE) to undertake work with asbestos and is trusted to carry out the safe treatment and removal of hazardous materials.
Services offered include:
- Asbestos Surveys – all types of surveys undertaken.
- Asbestos Management – advice given on all matters concerning the discovery, maintenance, abatement and removal of asbestos containing materials.
- Asbestos Awareness and Management Training – a comprehensive or bespoke package delivered by experienced industry professionals at our purpose constructed training centre or delivered at your premises.